This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
This Copycat Alice Springs Chicken Recipe is a keto lovers dream! Chicken breast smothered in cheese, bacon, mushrooms and topped with a keto honey mustard sauce. You won’t miss the carbs or the price when you’re devouring this tasty keto dinner at home!
We went basic here and took a cue from Outback Steakhouse’s famous Alice Springs Chicken. Our copycat is every bit as good as the original!
We top chicken breasts with sautéed mushrooms, keto honey mustard, bacon, two kinds of cheese, and chives. We were going to cook broccoli or some other green shit, but we realized the chives had us covered in the greens department.
This Copycat Alice Springs Chicken recipe is a great option if you want a fancy looking dinner that tastes delicious with hardly any work. It’s super low in carbs because we skip the fries and make our own honey mustard sauce.
Sometimes we meal prep chicken on the weekends and we’ll use leftover chicken breasts to make this meal. Since the chicken is already cooked, all you have to do is make the mushrooms and bacon and then melt the cheese.
You can also cook the mushrooms and bacon ahead of time. Then you can just assemble the chicken, mushrooms, cooked bacon and cheese, and melt it in the oven.
You can literally have a meal ready in less than 5 minutes.
Outback Steakhouse Alice Spring Chicken
From Outback’s menu, their Alice Springs Chicken comes with wood-fire grilled chicken breast topped with sautéed mushrooms, crisp bacon, melted Monterey Jack and Cheddar and honey mustard sauce. Aussie Fries.
To make this a keto-fied version, we only had to make a few small tweaks. We substituted the sugar laden honey mustard for our homemade keto honey mustard. We nixed the fries and ate a double helping of chicken.
Alice Springs Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- unsalted butter
- button mushrooms
- chicken breasts
- Keto Honey Mustard
- Monterey Jack cheese
- fresh chives, for garnish
How to Make Outback Alice Springs Chicken Recipe
First, heat the butter over medium heat in a medium-large skillet. Next, add the mushrooms and cook until
softened. Next, preheat the broiler and line a baking tray with foil.
Then, place the cooked chicken breasts on the tray and top each with Keto Honey Mustard. After that, lay the bacon on top of each chicken breast, and divide the mushrooms on top.
Next, sprinkle on the cheese and then the chives. Finally, broil until the cheese is melted (stay with it because it happens fast).
Check out these other keto dinner meal ideas
- cast iron pork chops
- reverse seared ribeye steak
- easy beef barbacoa recipe
- grilled flank steak with chimichurri sauce
What are you waiting for?
If you make this dish, leave us a comment below.
Alice Springs Chicken - Outback CopyCat
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound chicken breast cooked any way you like
- 1/2 cup Keto Honey Mustard
- 4 slices bacon crisped
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 2 ounces cheddar shredded
- 1 tablespoon chives for garnish
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a medium-large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the broiler. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Place the cooked chicken breasts on the tray and top each with 2 tablespoons Keto Honey
- Mustard. Lay 2 slices of crisped bacon on top of each chicken breast, and divide the mushrooms on top. Sprinkle on the cheese and then the chives.
- Broil until the cheese is melted (stay with it because it happens fast).
- Serve warm.