This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken is a simple low carb recipe that is insanely versatile. Make up a big batch of this shredded chicken breast with low carb BBQ sauce and meal prep it for the week.
When you don’t feel like firing up the grill you can do it the lazy way and make Instant Pot
Pulled BBQ Chicken!
It’s so good and requires no effort. Eat it in low carb tortilla shells, in lettuce leaves, on top of salad, or just with a fork.
Honestly the Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker is one of the best small kitchen appliances that we’ve invested in. They not only cut down on cooking time, but make tougher meats super tender.
In this low carb BBQ pulled chicken recipe we took chicken breasts and a few simple ingredients and made your newest keto staple.
Chicken breast, which can easily get tough when over cooked come out perfectly tender in the Instant Pot. You can literally shred the chicken breasts apart with 2 forks.
Or if you have an electric mixer, you can use that to shred chicken. Trust us it works! It may seem a little daunting at first but give it a try.
It’ll cut down shredding time, just like the Instant Pot cuts down on cooking time.
How to Meal Prep Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken
- In a large glass container add chopped lettuce, diced red onion, sliced jalapeños, a few whole cherry tomatoes, and shredded cheese of choice. In separate glass container add desired amount of pulled BBQ chicken. This way you can heat it up. Pack an avocado on the side for added fat! Sauce it up with extra low carb BBQ sauce.
- Whip up a batch of low carb mashed cauliflower and dish it out into glass container. Top each dish with the pulled BBQ chicken. Since both of these are getting heated up no need for separate containers. Spice it up and top with cheese and diced jalapeños.
- Make something inspired by a Keto Chipotle bowl. In a glass meal prep container add cilantro lime cauliflower rice, pulled BBQ Chicken, and diced onion. In a separate divided container add no frills guac, sour cream, shredded cheese and optional pico de gallo.
It’s insanely easy to make pulled BBQ chicken in your Instant Pot. Our recipe only has 3 ingredients!
This easy keto recipe is done in 22 minutes start to finish. Well add a few minutes depending on which shredding method you choose!
Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken Ingredients
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sugar-free BBQ sauce
How to Make Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken
First, add the chicken to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Then, add the BBQ sauce and water. Next, put the cover on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to “seal”, and set it for 10 minutes on manual, high pressure.
Be sure to let it do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then turn the valve to
“vent”. Finally, shred the chicken with 2 forks and serve.
PRO TIP: Shred the chicken breast with an electric hand mixer if you have one to save time!
What are you waiting for?
Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sugar-free BBQ sauce
- ½ cup water
- Add the chicken to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the BBQ sauce and water.
- Put the cover on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to “seal”, and set it for 10 minutes on manual, high pressure.
- Let it do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then turn the valve to “vent”.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and serve.
- Shred the chicken breast with an electric hand mixer if you have one to save time
- See our notes in the article for how to meal prep this pulled chicken